The Ultimatum South Africa....Yho!

 

'Are you serious with me, do you want us to go to the next level or should I just dip'

The only reality television shows I enjoy are Next Level Chef, Masterchef, School of Chocolate, Pressure Cooker, and The Amazing Race. I have, for years loved cooking shows because it is something you can recreate in your kitchen. They are always so much fun too and you get to try and make things like meatloaf, making pasta from scratch(tried and failed miserably), and see chefs cut up a whole chicken blindfolded. Cooking is such an art.

 I started watching shows like Love Island last year and it was a pretty interesting genre. My best friend put me on and I had to watch because we would need the discuss the characters when we met next. I had this assumption that they might be overhyped and tbh the games did not seem like anything I would enjoy. I had shut them out because I am just specific like that, ha.

 Scrolling through Instagram and everyone was suggesting the new show on Netflix, the Ultimatum. I decided to see what the hype was about. I started the show on Friday at 10 pm and finished it at 4 am, on Saturday morning. Not even Criminal Minds has kept me glued like that. Now at this stage of my life, I sleep early. By ten most days, I am too fatigued to be up and doing anything else.

 For someone who has not watched it yet, i encourage you to watch it. For one who wants a sneak peek into the show(no spoilers, I promise), there are a few couples who want to work on their relationship and they go on a getaway of sorts to see if they can work in it. The main issue here is that for each couple, one has given the other an ultimatum. The couples then choose a stranger to be their trial wife/husband and this is where all hell breaks loose.

 It starts a bit slow for a second. You get to see the couples hang out with each other and get to vet each other. By the second episode, a lot is happening at the same time. You will think things are getting okay and they throw a curve ball after the other. The season is spelled messy in capital letters. At this point, I do not care if it was scripted but man, you see love bombing, jealousy, and controlling behaviors and what they do to a relationship. One even said one said his culture couldn't allow him to take his girlfriend home but he took his trial wife to see his family. I had tears in my eyes.

You will sulk, click, and want each of them to want better for themselves.

And, you know I know very little about houses, but the kitchens were in the bedrooms or was it the bedrooms in the kitchen? No, everything as I said was messy. Is it a new design?

The cast.

Let me give you a scan read of the cast.

Nolla-Play boy who wants to have his cake and eat it.

Lebo-Such a lovely lady who doesn’t deserve to be put through so much.

Sizakele-A girl can cry, soft girl. Girl stand up!

Nkateko-Strong black man who takes anything thrown at him, he loves beyond his senses.

Khanya-A girl can act, rude, there is something about her constant body shaming others,jealous, controlling….she will frustrate you.

Ruth-My favorite.Stands on business.

Thabi-Lover girl, emotional.

Courtney and Aideen-They deserve each other.

Genesis-A kinda sweet dude, very respectful actually.

Lindile-‘Can we refrain from calling each other babe? Keep those feelings to yourself’He said that to his girlfriend. I think that says it all.

Isaac-A guy who has been with someone for years. The partner has never seen his family members but he took his one-day-old trial wife to see his family. Yeah, that is Isaac.

What I expect from the reunion.

The reunion is next Friday. I only need a debrief. There is only so much a girl can take,wena.

 

 

 

Comments

Popular Posts