Song Of The Month.

I listen to music every day. I have been listening to Girls Want To Have Fun all month. It is actually playing in my background as I type this. The song is by Cindi Lauper. The song feels like a sunny Saturday morning, walking barefooted on the grass. The song is freeing, very freeing.
A little research on the song and it was produced at a time when girls wanted the same freedom as boys.
I have gone through a few articles and even opinions on Reddit on different meanings of the song.
I, however, stick with the freeing meaning. It sticks out to me as a song about a girl who wants her independence.
In verse 3, Cindi sings 
Some boys take a beautiful girl
and hide her away from the rest of the world
I wanna be the one to walk in the sun
oh girls they wanna have fun

The third line is my favorite because it is something i live by. I want to be a free bird for as long as i can live and Cindi has affirmed that for me all through May.
A girl just wants to have fun, as long as she lives.

Comments

Popular Posts