Taking Chances:Shoot Your Shot.

 As I am growing and learning one of the things that I have come to embrace is the importance of going for things that I want. In campus most of the time I would associate shooting a shot with the different types of relationships. However, I have come to discover how important that phrase is. I think it reaches a time when you must reach out for things you want. Most of the time, only you know what is best for you. Not your parents, your partner, your besties, just you. There is literally nothing to be handed to you. You will not stand by the corner and have things come to your feet.

I understand that no one likes rejection in any form. However, you have to take that chance. If it fails, it is okay; you tried. If it succeeds, welcome to the other side of your life. I want to carry that through all phases of my life. I have seen what shooting a shot can do, and I would do it again and again.

If there is a person who inspires you and you would like to be in their circle, just ask them. If there's a place you would like to work, ask them. Most of the time the worst they say is no. I see closed doors as things and places that are not aligned with me at the moment but guess what, others are ready to take you in so I am not afraid to keep asking until I get them. My confidence has also shot through the roof because it takes courage to ask for such opportunities and you inspire that person across the table as you pitch what you can do for them.

It may not be immediate but ultimately it does pay. You may not leave a memory with all but one will and most of the time that is who you need. If you really want something and you go for it , God and the universe will align things for you.

I hope you take that step today.I hope you knock that door today and do not think it is your fault if they shut doors.Keep asking and keep the faith.I pray I do that too.

Comments

Popular Posts